Thursday, March 24, 2011

Never Enough Books...



If you're anything like me, you have a long list of books "to be read". I find new titles almost everyday. I find them in all kinds of places: your blogs, at work, magazine and newspaper reviews, friends' recommendations and sometimes I have no idea where I heard of a particular book.

Colleen, a friend of mine, always seems to hear about the most intriguing books. Forever ago, she told me that she receives a daily email from her local library highlighting the Book of the Day. I was intrigued, but never remembered to look into it. Well, yesterday I somehow stumbled upon it while trolling doing some research online. The East Providence Public Library here in RI provides this online service. You can sign up for book recommendations in a variety of genres and even for books for teens. Some of the emails arrive daily and others are weekly. It's a fascinating service and for book lovers it's a little like getting a gift every day. You never know what little gem will show up. And so far I've been impressed (yeah, I know it's only been two days) that the titles are not the ones that are already on the best sellers list. They are books that I hadn't heard of... yet. Which is saying a lot since I work with books and my personal life is also full of books.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this little gem with all of you bookworms. If you are like me and can never have too many books on your tbr list, you might want to sign up for East Providence Public Library's eNewsletter. Happy reading!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I get lots of book ideas from you!! I will check it out,not sure I need more books on any tbr list, but what the heck!!
Thanks Pam, happy reading.

Karen M. Peterson said...

That's really cool!

I definitely have PLENTY of books on my TBR list right now. But one day I'll whittle it down!

Sandy said...

I signed up for that daily email after Colleen told us about it. You can limit it to certain genres and they each generate an email. I chose too many and got so overwhelmed I haven't looked at it in weeks. I need to unsubscribe from a few to make it more manageable. Right now the list scares me!

Andrea said...

Very cool! I usually get my TBR books from other people's Goodreads updates. ;) Then I go and look for the books on Paperbackswap! I'm a book addict, but you know that already!

Star Forbis said...

I get a lot of my Book suggestions from you! :)

LindyLouMac said...

Oh yes my list grows every day, however I think I am going to have to live forever to read them all. Still exciting anticipating what one might read though :)

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I will look into it, but I have a question for you. What do you do when you are ready to begin a new book and none on your personal shelf looks appetizing? Library and book store visits not available in the time ahead and need something that will provide satisfaction.

Do you think that is where I am right now? No Kindle or Nook.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.